The procedure of using the Dermapen is commonly known as ‘Skin Needling’ or ‘Collagen Induction Therapy’. This procedure has proven to stimulate new collagen synthesis in the skin to restore smoother, brighter and younger-looking skin.
Numerous, ultra-fine micro-needles penetrate through the epidermis at a perpendicular angle to create microscopic punctures on the skin’s surface using a specialist medical device, for both faster and more precise needle penetration.
New studies have shown that by opening the skin in this way, there is a dramatic increase in the penetration of any topical product used, thereby increasing its efficacy whilst also stimulating the skin’s healing mechanisms to regenerate healthy skin, and ultimately reducing the appearance of wrinkles and scars. .
Dermapen promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, similar to fractional laser treatments, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels, but without the side effects and downtime. They can also effectively treat hard-to-reach places (around the eyes, nose and lips).
Dermapen is ideal for treating:
- Fine Lines
- Scarring – Acne ,Surgicalor Trauma scars
- Stretch Marks
- Minimising Pore Size
• Under-eye bags
WHAT RESULTS CAN I EXPECT?
Whether it`s acne scarring, stretch marks, or large pores, you can see an improvement in your skin from the very first treatment due to the versatile nature of DermaPen™.
DermaPen™ used with high-quality skincare products, stimulates new collagen production. This effect, leads to a visible reduction of wrinkles and scars, whilst also increasing firmness on the skin. Furthermore, it significantly reduces the visibility of broken capillaries as well as uneven pigmentation.
DermaPen™ has the following results:
• Rejuvenates ageing skin
• Restores firmness and tightness to flaccid skin
• Improves overall skin quality and texture
• Smoothens wrinkles, lines and folds
• Improves the appearance of large pores
• Reduces the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars
• Improves scars caused by acne, chicken pox, burn, accident or any injury
• Relaxes old scars
• Diminishes the appearance of old surgical scars
• Lightens pigmentation marks
For a pain-free procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied to the area before carrying out Dermapen™ treatments. And to further control the comfort of the treatment, we use variable procedures.
WHAT DOES THE PROCEDURE INVOLVE?
A free, no-obligation consultation with one of our expert doctors, is essential to determine the suitability and type of treatment required. After a thorough consultation is made, you will be booked for the procedure. This procedure will be perform by one of our highly qualified medical doctor.
On the day of the procedure, treatment area will be clean and a topical local anaesthetic cream will be apply for 30 to 45 minutes prior to treatment.
After visually dividing the skin into sections (forehead, cheek, nose, chin, upper lip, eyebrow and glabella), the therapist will hold the skin, and with minimal pressure move the medical device over the skin, by using brief, back and forth motions, in all directions, (vertical, horizontal, both diagonals).
Specific areas will be targeted to ensure the entire area receives repetitive needling. The aim is to obtain uniform redness and pinpoint bleeding throughout the skin. The skin will then be cleansed gently and disinfected. Finally, serums such as Hyaluronic Acid (skin’s natural moisturiser), will be applied.
The risk of side effects is low, since the epidermis is not removed.
You may experience some redness, swollen, dryness, tightness and a bit flaking. Good hydration is required to reduce the risk of side effects.
Common effects that subside within 48 hours include:
• Redness (erythema)
• Mild Swelling (quite rare)
• Sensitivity to touch
• Minimal peeling
• Downtime: 48 hours
Benefits of Medical DermaPen™ include:
• Marked improvement in your skin from the very first treatment
• Visible and long-lasting results usually seen after 6 weeks
• Minimally invasive
• No skin damage (no removal of the epidermis)
• Virtually painless (topical anaesthetics can be used)
• Minimal or no side-effects
• Minimal discomfort post-treatment
• Can be performed in conjunction with other treatments
• Short healing time (48hrs)
• Suitable for all skin types
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE?
After treatment, your skin will appear red and flushed. This is a normal sign indicating the treatment is working, and will subside up to 48 hours later. An SPF 30 cream and other products, advised by the practitioner should be applied daily following the treatment for at least 0ne – two weeks.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I REQUIRE AND HOW LONG IS EACH TREATMENT?
Recommended course of treatment:
- For Acne Scarring a course of 6-8 treatments is required at 6 weeks interval
- For Hyperpigmentation a course of 4-6 treatments is required at 2-4 weeks interval.
A course of 6 to 8 treatments is required at 4 to 6 weeks interval.
- A course of 6-8 treatments is required for treatment of acne scarring
Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face, although prices quoted are based on an area the size of the face.
• Treatment Duration – 60 minutes approximately